Beginning immediately, The Wheeler Group LLC is offering low-cost term life insurance for active duty military personnel, as well as TRICARE Supplemental Coverage. Since 2001, we have worked closely with John Battin and his team at Military Benefit Association (MBA). We are now taking it to the next level in helping our military and federal civilian communities and their families.
The Armed Forces Enlisted Benefit Association was founded in 1956 as a nonprofit association. The founders were aware that enlisted persons did not have access to the same benefits as military officers and wanted to provide some of these benefits. The Association was organized to promote the welfare of its members, to advance and safeguard their economic interests and to improve their financial conditions through cooperative enterprises. In 1963, the name was changed to Military Benefit Association (MBA).
In 1964, military officers became eligible; in 1981, federal civilian employees were added to the association; and in 1994, we opened our membership to spouses of personnel who qualify for membership. In 2007, MBA added honorably discharged veterans of the Uniformed Services and adult former dependents of MBA members to the eligibility list. Through gradual expansion of its membership eligibility, MBA has grown into an association that serves the entire military and federal civilian communities.
Members are currently able to purchase these top quality life and health insurance plans:
- MBA Term 90 and Level Term II. These two group term life insurance plans are superior to Servicemembers Group Life Insurance (SGLI) and Veterans Group Life Insurance (VGLI) in many ways. They have competitive premium rates, and you can take the insurance with you when you enter civilian life. Your spouse can become a member, ensuring continuing coverage for the family in the event of your death.
- Veterans Patriot Term Life Plan offers coverage at competitive rates for honorably discharged members of the Uniformed Services (visit http://www.militarybenefit.org to check availability in your state).
- NexGen Dependent Term Life offers increased coverage on your dependent children and guarantees coverage up to $100,000 as they transition to adult former dependent status at age 25.
- Decreasing Group Term plan with monthly income payment options for 15, 20 or 25 years; and
- A comprehensive, affordable TRICARE Supplement Plan. This is one of the most competitive programs available for military members and retirees.
Members can increase their coverage as their needs change, and they can keep their coverage when they separate or retire from government service. The insurance plans are underwritten by Government Personnel Mutual Life Insurance Company (GPM), located in San Antonio, Texas. GPM is a company with a proud history of 72 years serving the military community.